Michael Jackson
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for Michael's Fans

new forum is now up http://michaeljjacksonfanforce.com/forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tribute 2009 postponed!!! Now it's Tribute2010!!!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

daisy

http://www.thetribute2010.com/

Here's Jermaine's new message:

Dear fans, ladies and gentlemen,

The past few months have been a very difficult time for the Jackson family. The sudden, unexpected death of my brother Michael was not only a terrible shock for his closest relatives, but for his millions of fans around the world. I, and everyone in Michael’s family, will be forever grateful for the support and love that we have received from so many people during these past two-and-a-half months.

After the Memorial Service at the Staples Center in Los Angeles it was clear to me that many fans did not get the opportunity to properly say goodbye to the artist and wonderful human being, Michael Jackson. More than two million people wanted to be part of the ceremonies in Los Angeles to say goodbye and celebrate the life of Michael Jackson, but only approximately 20,000 had the opportunity to do so at the Staples Center. For this reason I knew I had to organize a tribute concert in honor of my brother in order to bring his unforgettable music to life once again and to show the world what a wonderful human being it has lost.

A little more than five weeks ago I began, together with my partners in Vienna, to work on the Tribute Concert. As you can imagine staging a show of this monumental dimension in less than eight weeks is a daunting challenge. We have worked virtually around the clock to produce this show for the millions of fans around the world. Despite all the obstacles we succeeded in organizing the entire production of a concert in front of beautiful Schoenbrunn Palace in Vienna to insure that a show of international magnitude could be held.

I personally have spoken to many international artists and invited them to attend THE TRIBUTE and perform one of Michael’s songs. Several leading artists immediately agreed to participate in this unique tribute show. Many others told me personally that it would be a great honor to be part of this memorial concert for my late brother – an artist who influenced the music world like virtually no other. However, due to the short time frame involved it just was not possible for many of them to change their schedule so that they could be on stage in Vienna on September 26th. .

We have therefore decided, after careful consideration, to reschedule THE TRIBUTE concert for my brother to June 2010 and to stage this very special music event at Wembley Stadium in London. Here, over 70,000 fans will have the opportunity to experience the life and music of my beloved late brother. We will hold the concert in the city that he himself chose for his comeback concerts but, due to his tragic death, he was not able to do.

Instead of eight weeks we now have eight months to prepare and some of the stars who would not have been able to participate in the Vienna concert, but expressed their wish to participate in this event, will be able to perform live on stage at the renowned Wembley Stadium in London in June 2010.

It would make me very happy so see as many of you as possible at THE TRIBUTE In Memory of Michael Jackson in London. It will be a memorable evening for millions of fans and a worthy and dignified celebration of the greatest entertainer who ever lived – my brother, Michael Jackson.

mischief

I just hope the six peop...sorry...40,000 people who bought tickets DO get a refund.

KayHey

What???! OK, that's a major PR failure for Jermaine. Mad I think in many ways it is good that there is now more time to prepare and Wembley stadium likely makes a much better venue but still... I wasn't even excited about the Vienna tribute but I still feel sorry for Michael's sake. There has to be a refund as they'll probably set new price categories for tickets as the venue will be different. But what about flights and accommodations? Many people will lose money. Not good. The tribute next summer had better be amazing now.

ITC

ITC

A lot of people lost money they paid for flights and hotels .. yikes, wouldn't want to be in their shoes. But maybe they will not do the refund, maybe they'll give those who bought tickets new tickets for the London tribute in 2010. I wonder how much money Jermaine gets from promoting and organizing this event? Will he get a share from the ticket sale?

mischief

ITC wrote:A lot of people lost money they paid for flights and hotels .. yikes, wouldn't want to be in their shoes. But maybe they will not do the refund, maybe they'll give those who bought tickets new tickets for the London tribute in 2010. I wonder how much money Jermaine gets from promoting and organizing this event? Will he get a share from the ticket sale?

Its a crying shame for those who have paid out for more than the tickets themselves, I agree.

And God knows what Jermaine's getting. I thought he was skint... but he's getting the funds from somewhere for his current week of globetrotting

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]